Terms of Reference for Development of HIV Testing Services (HTS) Job Aid and Information, Education and Communication (IEC) Materials
In June 2014, the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) awarded FHI 360 the Linkages across the Continuum of HIV Services for Key Populations Affected by HIV Project (LINKAGES), a five-year cooperative agreement funded by the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief. FHI 360 works in partnership with Pact, IntraHealth International and the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill to conduct a range of activities to reduce HIV transmission among key populations — sex workers, men who have sex with men, transgender persons and people who inject drugs — and to improve their enrollment and retention in care.
Under the technical guidance of FHI 360 and Pact Head Office, Pact Lesotho is leading the implementation of the LINKAGES Lesotho Project in Maseru and Leribe districts.
The project is seeking services of a firm of consultants, to: 1) lead the design and development of a job aid for the HTS lay counsellors to support provision of HIV testing services, and 2) lead the design and development of Information, Education and Communication (IEC) materials aimed to generate the demand and promote uptake of HIV testing services among KPs targeted by the project.
Purpose of the Assignment
The overall objectives of the assignments are in two folds as follows:
- To support design and develop a job aid for HTS lay counsellors that is user friendly, and translated into the local language, specifically summarizing the national HIV testing guidelines; and,
- To support the design and development of IEC materials, targeting the KP clients, to increase comprehensive knowledge on HIV and AIDS issues, and other related co-morbidities that are affecting KPs in Lesotho, and to communicate the importance of using available HIV testing and other HIV prevention services among this group.
The expected deliverables are follows:
- A final inception report detailing the interpretation of the terms of reference, technical approach and methods, implementation modalities and a detailed work plan;
- A final print-ready, user friendly job aid (preferably a picture flipchart) to be used by the HTS lay counsellors when providing HIV testing services to KPs, available in both English and Sesotho.
- A final print-ready brochure for the KP clients, aimed to provide comprehensive knowledge on HIV/AIDS, and to promote uptake of HIV testing and other HIV preventions services, available in English and Sesotho;
- A final print-ready poster, promoting the demand and uptake of HIV testing services among KP communities, available in English and Sesotho;
Timing and Duration of the Assignment
The assignment is expected to be implemented within a period not exceeding twenty-eight (28) work days, spread over June – July 2018. The indicative timelines are as follows:
The consultant should:
- Be a firm with demonstrated relevant experience in designing and developing materials and clinical care guidelines/algorithms within the health care settings. The consultant must submit at least two samples of recent work for similar work done to demonstrate the ability to meet the requirements of the assignment;
- Should hold a postgraduate degree in health sciences, public health and other relevant qualifications;
- Should have good understanding of HIV and AIDS trends and challenges in Lesotho. Knowledge of HIV and AIDS trends specific to men who have sex with men, transgender persons and female sex workers will be an added advantage;
- Be familiar with technical procedures for developing job aids, guidelines and IEC materials within the health context; and,
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Application Submission Requirements
Interested firms are requested to submit their application to [email protected] OR hand deliver at Pact Lesotho Offices, 4th Floor MGC Park, CRN Mpilo Boulevard and Pope John Paul II Road, Maseru, by Wednesday, June 27th , 2018 at 12 noon.
- Cover letter
- Detailed CV(s) indicating qualifications and relevant experience
- A proposal indicating the description of the proposed approach to the scope of work, work plan with timelines and detailed budget (inclusive of VAT)
- Sample(s) of recent written work from a similar assignment.
Full terms of reference can be found at http://www.pactworld.org/country/lesotho/procurement