Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the following positions tenable in the Teaching Service in Government and Church-Owned schools around Lesotho.
- Deputy Principal and Heads of Department applications are open
- Classroom teachers’ applications are only, for qualified unemployed teachers.
SCHOOL OF ASSIGNMENT : POST PRIMARY
JOB TITLE : DEPUTY PRINCIPAL
NO. OF POSITIONS : 2
MINISTRY : EDUCATION AND TRAINING
DEPARTMENT : TEACHING SERVICE
NATURE OF CONTRACT : PERMANENT
RESPONSIBLE TO : PRINCIPAL
Reporting to the Principal, the incumbent shall act as an academic administrator of the school and supervise heads of department/teachers and perform his/her teaching duties as assigned by the Principal. She/he will also deputise the principal as and when necessary.
Specific Duties / Functions
■ To be in charge of pupils’ discipline and performance, and to advise the Principal on appropriate action to take.
■ To check teachers’ preparations books, Record Books, Scheme of Work and Class register on monthly basis and to give all necessary help, support and guidance to teachers in this respect.
■ To chair the disciplinary committee handling pupils’ disciplinary cases.
■ To develop a system of record keeping for pupils’ performance.
■ To prepare annual programmes of the school activities, meeting and school assessment.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Deputy Principal
- Category A and B
- MED/ BED & Equivalent
- DIP ED, STC, STTC, ACP (PRIOR 1996)
Requirements for Appointments
- 3 years as a Senior Teacher + requisite competencies
- 5 years as Teacher + requisite competencies
- 74 — 76
- 71 — 73
- Leadership, vision and management skills
- Strategic Planning and Organisational skills
- Human Resource and financial management skills
- Statutory formulation and interpersonal skills
- Management skills for complex information system
- Information management skills
THE FOLLOWING POST PRIMARY SCHOOL REQUIRE DEPUTY PRINCIPALS:
- Phuthiatsana High, Maseru
- Motsekuoa High, Mafeteng
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS
Applications, including certified copies of relevant qualifications, registration certificate, passport, marriage certificate (where necessary), testimonials and IDs, must reach the District Education Office — Human Resource Offices and copies to the School Board and Educational Secretary and Supervisor Government Schools by 16:30 on the 7th June, 2018.