Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the following positions of Classroom teachers tenable in the Teaching Service in Government and Church-Owned schools around Lesotho.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the following positions tenable in the Teaching Service in Government and Church-Owned schools around Lesotho.
- Deputy Principal and Heads of Department applications are open
- Serving teachers who are currently at lower ranks and have acquired higher qualifications are allowed to apply for a higher positions. They should specified in their CV that they are serving teachers.
SCHOOL OF ASSIGNMENT : PRIMARY
JOB TITLE : DEPUTY PRINCIPAL
No. OF POSITIONS : 1
MINISTRY : EDUCATION AND TRAINING
DEPARTMENT : TEACHING SERVICE
TERM OF CONTRACT : PERMANENT
RESPONSIBLE TO: PRINCIPAL
Reporting to the Principal, the incumbent shall act as an academic administrator of the school and supervise heads of department/teachers and perform his/her teaching duties as assigned by the Principal. She/he will also deputise the principal as and when necessary.
Specific Duties / Functions
■ To be in charge of pupils’ discipline and performance, and to advise the Principal on appropriate action to take.
■ To check teachers’ preparations books, Record Books, Scheme of Work and Class register on monthly basis and to give all necessary help, support and guidance to teachers in this respect.
■ To chair the disciplinary committee handling pupils’ disciplinary cases.
■ To develop a system of record keeping for pupils’ performance.
■ To prepare annual programmes of the school activities, meeting and school assessment.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
DIP ED, ACP (PRIOR 1996)
Requirements for Appointments
3 years as a Senior Teacher + requisite competencies
5 years as Teacher + requisite competencies
- Leadership, vision and management skills
- Strategic Planning and Organisational skills
- Human Resource and financial management skills
- Statutory formulation and interpersonal skills
- Information management skills
THE FOLLOWING PRIMARY SCHOOLS REQUIRE DEPUTY PRINCIPAL:
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS
Applications, including certified copies of relevant qualifications, registration certificate, passport, marriage certificate (where necessary), testimonials and IDs, must reach the District Education Office — Human Resource Offices and copies to the School Board and Educational Secretary and Supervisor Government Schools by 16:30 on the 30th August, 2018.
Addresses for District Education Offices
- Bothe Education Office, P. 0. Box 230, Botha Bothe 400, Lesotho, Telephone 22460258
- Leribe Education Office, P. 0. Box 12, Leribe 300, Lesotho; Telephone: 22400210 / 22401360
- Berea Education Office, P. 0. Box 561 Teyateyaneng 200, Lesotho: Telephone: 22500235
- Maseru Education Office, P. 0. Box 47, Maseru 100, Lesotho; Telephone; 22313709
- Mafeteng Education Office, P. 0. Box 13 Mafeteng 900, Lesotho, Telephone, 22700213
- Mohale’s Hoek Education Office, P. 0. Box 50 Mohale’s Hoek 800, Lesotho; Telephone: 22785291
- Quthing Education Office, P. 0. Box 41 Quthing 700, Lesotho; Telephone: 22750266
- Qacha’s Nek Education Office, P. 0. Box 23 Qacha’s Nek 600, Lesotho; Telephone: 22950226 9. Mokhotlong Education Office, P. 0. Box 156
- Mokhotlong 500, Lesotho; Telephone: 22920225
- Thaba-Tseka Education Office, P. 0. Box 170 Thaba-Tseka 550 Lesotho; Telephone, 22900206