The National University of Lesotho invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for the following position:
DEPARTMENT OF STUDENT AFFAIRS:
Post No. 0181: Counselor/Psychologist, Student Counselling and Career Services
Minimum Qualifications and Requirements:
Masters Degree in Counselling, Clinical Psychology or Educational Psychology.
Three years counseling experience in an educational setting.
Knowledge, Skills and Attributes:
- Knowledge of principles, ethics and practices of counseling.
- Knowledge of techniques for observing and assessing behavior.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and facilitation skills.
- Ability to keep records.
- Self-driven and ability to work under pressure.
- Provides individual and group counseling to students experiencing psychosocial problems.
- Provides developmental/preventative programmes and activities that assist students to become more effective and resourceful in their personal, social and academic lives.
- Provides consultation and outreach services to teaching and other staff to enable them to maximize their effectiveness in carrying out their learner support roles.
- Adheres to intake procedures and contracts with clients on data protection issues, and commitment to privacy and confidentiality.
- Maintains client files and case notes and prepares reports as assigned.
- Participates in student orientation.
- Identifies students’ needs, assists and supports students in making informed decisions.
- Refers students to other support services and agencies as appropriate.
- Adheres to the highest level of professional standards to ensure delivery of high quality counseling and psychological services to students. Collaborates with other staff to maximize their effectiveness in carrying out their learner support roles.
The University offers salaries and other benefits commensurate with qualifications and experience.
The position will be on a two year contract.
Information Required from Candidates:
Applicants are to address the stated qualifications and provide other information to assist the University to determine their suitability for the position. They should also quote the vacancy number of the post applied for, provide current CV’s (including telephone, telefax and e-mail) plus certified copies of educational certificates, transcripts and three typed references. One of which must be from the current or previous employer. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Applicants should inform their referees to submit their references directly to the address below, before the stipulated closing date. References addressed “TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN” will not be considered as references. Application letters and references/testimonials should bear signatures and must be addressed to: Director – Human Resources, National University of Lesotho, P.O. Roma 180, Lesotho or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for receiving full application for the position is 5th January, 2018. DISCLAIMER: If you do not receive any response within three months after the closing date, you must consider your application unsuccessful.