Established in 1964, the African Development Bank is the premier pan-African development institution, promoting economic growth and social progress across the continent. There are 80 member states, including 54 in Africa (Regional Member Countries). The Bank’s development agenda is delivering the financial and technical support for transformative projects that will significantly reduce poverty through inclusive and sustainable economic growth. In order to sharply focus the objectives of the Ten Year Strategy (2013 – 2022) and ensure greater developmental impact, five major areas (High 5s), all of which will accelerate our delivery for Africa, have been identified, namely: Energy, Agro-business, Industrialization, Integration and Improving the quality of life for the people of Africa.
The Job of Complex Assistant which falls under General Support Services that provides administrative support for the smooth running of the Complex, ensures that the vice president is freed from all tasks which could otherwise impede the efficient discharge of higher duties and responsibilities.
Each complex has its unique functions but the Complex Assistant works more or less uniformly irrespective of the Complex to assure hitch-free operations within the office of the respective Vice-President.
Accordingly, the Complex Assistant’s job facilitates and contributes to the success of the Vice-President in performing his/her role as a key functionary in the Bank’s strategy for the achievement of the High 5s.
Including desirable skills, knowledge and experience
1. Hold at least a Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in Business Management, Commerce, Administration or related discipline;
2. Training in report writing/administration/office management is advantageous;
3. Have a minimum of five (5) years of relevant and practical experience, in an executive office in a support function;
4. Experience in supporting operations of international organizations is preferable;
5. Having private sector experience will be an added advantage;
6. Innovation and creativity;
8. Problem solving;
9. Client orientation;
10. Team working and relationships;
11. Operational effectiveness;
12. Inter-cultural sensitivity;
13. Able to work under pressure and to prioritize in the dynamic setting of an international and multicultural setting;
14. Skills in handling internal and external requests efficiently;
15. Excellent sense of initiative, confidentiality, enthusiasm, and team spirit;
16. Organization – Time, Space and Task Skills;
17. Broad knowledge of Business Concepts;
18. Good knowledge of Administration and Office Support Services including Systems and Procedures;
19. Proficiency in use of standard office equipment e.g., Computer, fax, photocopier, scanner, etc.;
20. Advanced proficiency to quickly adapt to new technology by acquiring required skills;
21. Ability to deploy sound judgment and make reasonable decisions in the absence of direction;
22. Ability to deploy knowledge, skills and abilities to work effectively without constant and direct supervision or guidance;
23. Ability to adjust to multiple deadlines and attention to detail while working with diverse workforce;
24. Ability to communicate effectively (written and oral) in English or French, preferably with a working knowledge of the other;
25. Bilingualism, knowledge of Arabic, Portuguese, etc. is an advantage;
- Competence in the use of standard Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, SAP and/or other integrated document management system).
Closing date: 12 September 2017