The National University of Lesotho invites applications from suitably qualified energetic candidates for the following post:
FACULTY OF HEALTH SCIENCES:
Post No. 5000: Clinical Supervisor in Nursing and Midwifery
Minimum Qualifications and Requirements:
- Registered Nurse-Midwife with a minimum qualification of a Bachelor`s Degree in Nursing.
- At least 2 years’ experience in clinical supervision of learners at a tertiary institution.
- Experience in use of low-high fidelity simulators
- Trained preceptor
Will be preferred:
- Master`s Degree in Nursing
- Clinical supervision at University level
- Supervision of learner`s clinical practice
- Monitoring of functionality of clinical laboratories
- Coaches and mentors learners in Nursing and Midwifery skills
- Conducts Observed Structured Clinical Examinations
- Assists lecturers in simulation teaching and supervision
- Ordering and maintenance of laboratory equipment and supplies
- Collaboration with other nurse training institutions on coordination of learner`s clinical placement
- Prepares learner`s placement schedules
- Undertakes any other academic or administrative responsibilities which may be assigned
Must demonstrate ability to:
- Engage in team work
- Effect good verbal and written communication
- Function as a manager/leader
- Function well under pressure
- Face and take risks and challenges
- Solve problems
The University offers salaries and other benefits commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Permanent and pensionable/gratuitable for Locals and Contract for Non – Locals.
Information Required from Candidates:
Applicants are to address the stated qualifications and provide other information to assist the University to determine their suitability for the position. They should also quote the vacancy number of the post applied for, provide current CV’s (including telephone, telefax and e-mail) plus certified copies of educational certificates, transcripts and three typed references. Two of which must be academic references. Applicants should inform their referees to submit their references directly to the address below, before the stipulated closing date. References addressed “TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN” will not be considered as references. Application letters and references should bear signatures and must be addressed to: Director – Human Resources, National University of Lesotho, P.O. Roma 180, Lesotho or emailed to email@example.com
Closing date for receiving full application for the position is 28th April, 2017. DISCLAIMER: If you do not receive any response within three months after the closing date, you must consider your application unsuccessful.