Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the following positions tenable in the Teaching Service in Government and Church-Owned schools around Lesotho.
- Deputy Principal and Heads of Department applications are open
- Classroom teachers’ applications are only, for qualified unemployed teachers.
SCHOOL OF ASSIGNMENT : PRIMARY
JOB TITLE : CLASSROOM TEACHER
NO. OF POSITIONS : 19
MINISTRY : EDUCATION AND TRAINING
DEPARTMENT : TEACHING SERVICE
RESPONSIBLE : PRINCIPAL
To carry out classroom instruction to ensure that pupils acquire quality education as determined by the education policy and curriculum and assessment in line with the global standards.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Teaching
- Demonstrate outstanding teaching in their learning areas.
- Prepare quality lessons in their field.
- Take on a curriculum leadership role in respect of the subject or learning area.
- Plan, coordinate, control, administer, evaluate and report on students’ academic progress.
- Develop learning/teaching materials.
- Demonstrate leadership role for the junior teaching staff.
Supervise a class.
- Participate in guidance, counselling and psycho social support, discipline and general welfare of learners.
- Maintain class attendance registers and other learner personal records as required by the school regulations.
- Meet with parents to discuss the progress and conduct of their children.
Extra – curricula
Participate in organising sports, community, social and cultural activities.
JOB SPECIFICATION FOR CLASSROOM TEACHERS:
QUALIFICATIONS AND SALARY STRUCTURE
|Rank||Career Level||Salary Points||Qualifications|
|5||Assistant Specialist Teacher||71 — 75||Bachelor’s Degree with education + Relevant Post-graduate Degree; Master’s Degree in Education|
|4||Senior Teacher||66 — 70||Bachelor Degree + Education|
|3||Teacher||51 — 60||Diploma in Education and Equivalent qualifications|
THE FOLLOWING PRIMARY SCHOOLS REQUIRE CLASSROOM TEACHERS:
|1||Jane Comm. Pr.||COMM||Botha-Bothe|
|5||St. Francis Pr.||RCC||Qacha’s Nek|
|6||Thoteng Pr.||GOV||Qacha’s Nek|
|7||Thaba-Lits’oene Pr.||LEC||Qacha’s Nek|
|8||Tiisetsong Pr.||METH||Qacha’s Nek|
|14||Mesitsaneng Pr.||LEC||Mohale’s Hoek|
|19||St. James Pr.||RCC||Mokhotlong|
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS
Applications, including certified copies of relevant qualifications, registration certificate, passport, marriage certificate (where necessary), testimonials and IDs, must reach the District Education Office — Human Resource Offices and copies to the School Board and Educational Secretary and Supervisor Government Schools by 16:30 on the 7th June, 2018.