In line with our transformational strategy aiming at financially inclusive solutions through deposit taking and alternative distribution channels, we invite applications for the following position tenable in Maseru, Lesotho.
CHIEF OPERATIONS OFFICER
In this role you will drive service delivery through leading the technology, operations and administration functions for the country operation to ensure the achievement of goals and budget. You will assist the CEO in developing competitive customer experience, innovation, risk management, people management and stakeholder engagement strategies. You will be qualified preferably to degree level with a minimum of 8 years management experience in a similar role in banking or micro finance. Strong credit, risk. Technology systems and operational efficiency experience and capability is essential.
THINKING REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING COMPLEXITY:
• Ability to analyses and monitor the various risks that face the business.
• Ability to devise solutions relevant to a particular situation, bearing in mind the various inherent constraints that surround all the matters such as funding, capital adequacy, country limit, taxation and economics/geographical infrastructure.
• Where problems or new risks are identified, job holder needs to be able to bring knowledge and experience to this, both first hand, and also of a “where else to look and seek advice” nature.
• Ability to identify issues and come up with unique and practical solutions.
• Ability to devise revised strategies to avoid repeat mistakes.
• Ability to develop good working relations with all executive management (and other levels) for a smooth running of the business but at the same time must demonstrate the authority and course to challenge the status quo when necessary.
• Interact with COO’s and CEO’s within the group to learn and optimize the business in country.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OF THE JOB HOLDER:
• An appropriate business related degree and a relevant Master Degree will be advantageous.
• Relevant experience in a senior position in operations within a service industry, preferably banking.
Closing date for applications: 31 March 2017
Apply to (email address): email@example.com
Standard Disclaimer: Only short listed candidates will be considered