DAI is an international development company. For more than 45 years, we have worked on the frontlines of international development, tackling fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governance, and instability. Currently, DAI is delivering results that matter in some 80 countries. Our development solutions turn ideas into impact by bringing together fresh combinations of expertise and innovation across multiple disciplines. Our clients include international development agencies, international lending institutions, private corporations and philanthropies, and national governments.
The Chief of Party will serve as the lead interlocutor between USAID and the Hub’s project team. S/he will work closely with government partners and project staff to identify key issues, develop recommendations, and test solutions. The COP will manage efforts to collaborate with a broad set of stakeholders, including government representatives, civil society, the private sector, and other donors.
- A successful record leading contracts of similar size and complexity;
- At least 10 years of experience, some of which were managing a regional project and maintaining relationships with a Regional Economic Community and Bilateral Missions, preferably in SADC region, in international trade policy and capacity/skills in at least one of the projects technical areas ( investment and finance, agriculture, export competitiveness, business enabling environment reforms, and trade facilitation;
- Demonstrated ability to establish productive relationships with regional bodies, senior government officials, the business community, civil society, and international donors;
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with institutional and private sector partners and stakeholders in a multi-country setting;
- Demonstrated understanding of USAID requirements for M&E, knowledge management, and reporting;
- Fluency in English and excellent written and oral communications skills; and
- A graduate degree in a relevant discipline such as business, investment, economics, law, or trade is preferred, although additional relevant experience (beyond the 10 years listed above) in the listed fields will be considered.
Closing date: 25 August 2017