The National University of Lesotho invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for the following post:
FACULTY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY:
Post No. 2310: Cartographer in the Department of Geography & Environmental Sciences
Minimum Qualifications and Requirements:
Diploma in any of the following:
- Geographic information systems
Candidates should have a thorough knowledge of:
- Fundamental cartographic principles
- Data input, management and analysis into the GIS
- Including at least knowledge of the following software’s
The Successful candidate will be charged with:
- The design of maps, diagrams, graphics, illustrations and layouts
- Classification and filing of maps and aerial photographs
- Maintain and conduct inventory of maps and keep records of laboratory equipment.
- Prepare, conduct laboratory practicals and fieldwork for students.
- Assist research students with their mapping requirements.
- Keeping up to date with emerging specialist software.
The University offers salaries and other benefits commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Permanent and pensionable/gratuitable for Locals and Contract for Non – Locals.
Information Required from Candidates:
Applicants are to address the stated qualifications and provide other information to assist the University to determine their suitability for the position. They should also quote the vacancy number of the post applied for, provide current CV’s (including telephone, telefax and e-mail) plus certified copies of educational certificates, transcripts and three typed references. Two of which must be academic references. Applicants should inform their referees to submit their references directly to the address below, before the stipulated closing date. References addressed “TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN” will not be considered as references. Application letters and references should bear signatures and must be addressed to: Director – Human Resources, National University of Lesotho, P.O. Roma 180, Lesotho or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for receiving full applications for the position is 6th October, 2017. DISCLAIMER: If you do not receive any response within three months after the closing date, you must consider your application unsuccessful.