LSP Construction is a leading Construction Company based in Lesotho and is looking for a suitably qualified Carpentry & Joinery Workshop Manager
We require a workshop manager with a sound knowledge to organize, manage and lead a team of skilled workforce in a Carpentry and Joinery Workshop i.e. General Carpentry, Cabinet Making, Joinery, furniture-making etc.
The incumbent should be able to demonstrate a working knowledge of general carpentry, cabinet making processes including: materials, machinery, fittings, fixtures and finishing. Should be able to lead a skilled workforce from apprentice through to master-maker with the ability to: performance manage; prioritise; develop people; improve processes etc
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for efficient and effective managing and leading of the joinery and carpentry crew.
- Accountable for how the crew completes the assigned work.
- Understand and consistently apply all of the employer’s policies regarding productivity standards and quality assurance.
- Responsible for assessing competence and capability of tradesmen, evaluate crew capability and benchmarking to others to ensure crew meets required level of productivity and quality within time scales and budget of a project and manage any delays or problems encountered.
- Responsible for communicating the job to and with the crew and assign individual and crew tasks. .
- Setting and maintaining work standards and outlining behavioural expectations to ensure crew morale and productivity by coaching and /or physically working in order to set standards for productivity and quality.
- Promote, support and facilitate teamwork and harmony between all crew by promoting and fostering a positive, visible teamwork attitude amongst all crew.
- Accountable for following project plans and schedules and ensuring the crew’s daily and weekly activities meet production goals.
- Accountable for ensuring that the completed work meets company standards and for recommending work processes that will improve productivity and product quality.
- The manager is responsible and accountable for the preparation of reports as required by the employer.
- The manager must champion an inclusive human resources culture and is responsible for the crew’s adherence to human resources policies and procedures as contained in the LSP Human Resources Manual in order to ensure a respectful and inclusive work environment.
- The manager must at all times facilitate a safe work culture and is particularly accountable for the safety of the crew and must understand the legal liability of his role, ensuring the crew consistently apply the company safety standards for safe working conditions and are fit for work each day.
- Performs any other related duties that may be assigned by the immediate supervisor from time to time.
- SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES :Excellent leadership and management skills, excellent communication and administrative skills, planning and organising skills,result oriented and ability to meet deadlines.
- EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: A Certificate /Diploma in Carpentry and Joinery.Additional qualification of a Diploma in Project Management/ Construction Management/Building Technologywill be an added advantage. Ten (10) years’ or more experience in a Carpentry and Joinery Workshop in amanagerial position is required.
How to apply: Candidates with the requisite qualifications and experience may apply in writing and submit copies of their educational certificates, curriculum vitae and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. All applications must be addressed to the Human Resources Manager on or before 31st March,2017. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and if you do not hear from us after 14thApril, 2017, please consider your application as not being successful.