Investment Banking provides clients with a range of advisory and financing solutions. Specialising in high-growth emerging markets, our expert advisers work on mergers and acquisitions, capital restructurings and empowerment deals, as well as arranging finance for acquisitions, client projects and property transactions.
- To provide analytical, research, administrative & strategic support to the Country CIB Head
- Lead and/or participate (incl. Travel) in strategic CIB projects and coordinate all forums, presentations to various committees including Franco and Stratco.
- The role will include the establishment and reporting of Key Performance Indicators for the Corporate and Investment Banking business units & the monitoring of product, customer and BU profitability.
- Undertake the formulating and articulation of a business strategy for Standard Lesotho Bank and CIB franchise.
- Work with the local Franco team (as well as regional stakeholders) to ensure quality submissions of the business plans. Periodically track country franchise performance against plans, and propose measures to address risks and challenges
- Analyse financials, MIS, incoming documentation (as required) and highlight key matters/issues/requirements to the CIB Head and relevant Franco team members
- Produce the performance level analysis needed to assist monthly performance reviews.
- Participate in business forums, that require CIB representation, as mandated/required by the CIB Head
- Generate good understanding of the CIB business model
- Coordinate and consolidate CIB MIS (Client Engagement Model progress, Clients monitoring/planning, clients’ relationship mapping) submissions for Franco, and as the case may be Stratco/Board.
- Conduct internal/external research on subject matters required by the CIB Head
- Write-up research reports / draft presentations on the above and present / disseminate to the relevant stakeholders
- Provide administrative support to selected members of the CIB team (incl. Franco members at both local/regional level)
- Participate in and coordinate CIB Franco and committee forums. This includes the administrative functions of minute taking, drafting of the agenda as well as noting and tracking of action items.
- Participate in formulating & articulating of detailed business plan (including clients mapping, financial soft & hard targets setting and measurement) for CIB
- Dedicate time to expanding knowledge of CIB products and functions
Preferred Qualification and Experience
- Two years management experience in Finance at a relevant financial institution, preferably within Corporate and Investment Banking; an understanding of the “business model” in Corporate and Investment Banking
- Working experience in a client facing role and senior management presentation
- Articulate, strong interpersonal/ presentation skills,
- Team worker,
- Flexible/ dynamic (travel, working hours, willingness/ ability to engage multiple topics),