AECOM is a premier, fully integrated professional and technical services firm positioned to design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets around the world for public- and private-sector clients. With nearly 100,000 employees — including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction services professionals — serving clients in over 150 countries around the world, AECOM is ranked as the #1 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine’s annual industry rankings, and has been recognized by Fortune magazine as a World’s Most Admired Company. The firm is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, oil and gas, water, high-rise buildings and government. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering customized and creative solutions that meet the needs of clients’ projects. A Fortune 500 firm, AECOM companies, including URS Corporation and Hunt Construction Group, have annual revenue of approximately $19 billion. More information on AECOM and its services can be found at www.aecom.com.
|Duties and Responsibilities:
- Minimum of 15 years of relevant experience in a Consulting Engineering environment, specialising in the Transportation sector
- Strong background in terms of Geometric Design on major roads projects
- Relevant Master’s Degree in Civil Engineering will be advantageous
Personal attributes, qualities or competencies needed:
- Ability to work independently or in team environment.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong proficiency in Lesotho national languages.
- Strong business networking skills within the industry.
- Committed and motivated individual.
- Ability to multi-task – work on several projects simultaneously.
- Ability to plan, leads, support and execute work independently or within a multi-disciplinary project team environment.
- Passionate about skills development and mentoring of junior staff.
- Own reliable transport.
- Proficiency in industry-standard design and project management software like Civil 3D, Civil Designer, MS Project etc.
- Although projects will predominantly be in South Africa, the candidate will need to demonstrate a willingness to undertake projects within Africa, while being based in the Centurion office.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering.
- Professionally registered with the Engineering Council of South Africa.
- Preference will be given to Lesotho nationals
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It’s a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world’s most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It’s a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It’s what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.