Established in 1964, the African Development Bank is the premier pan-African development institution, promoting economic growth and social progress across the continent. There are 80 member states, including 54 in Africa (Regional Member Countries). The Bank’s development agenda is delivering the financial and technical support for transformative projects that will significantly reduce poverty through inclusive and sustainable economic growth. In order to sharply focus the objectives of the Ten Year Strategy (2013 – 2022) and ensure greater developmental impact, five major areas, all of which will accelerate our delivery for Africa, have been identified for scaling up, namely; energy, agro-business, industrialization, integration and improving the quality of life for the people of Africa.
The Assistant Building Technician will be expected to monitor, through the compilation of information, the visual examination of the premises and the preparation of work orders, the maintenance, repair and housekeeping of the building, the physical plant, equipment and the grounds of the facility; prepare cost projections and historical analyses to ensure the cost effectiveness of operations; implement measures for the safety and security of the premises and staff including conducting inspections, documenting unsafe conditions and accidents and presenting appropriate training at all the premises occupied by the Bank at its Headquarters, Regional and Field Offices.
Including desirable skills, knowledge and experience
1. Hold at least a Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in in civil, building or construction engineering.
2. Have a minimum of five (5) years of relevant experience in managing building maintenance, renovation of existing premises and construction of, new building works. Execution of projects within a multilateral development bank and/or financial or similar institution.
3. Knowledge of the management of goods, works and services procurement and budget management.
4. Having private sector experience will be an added advantage.
5. Good interpersonal communication skills.
6. Strong team work and relations, operational effectiveness, decision making and problem solving abilities.
7. Ability to manage works contracts and provision of various services.
8. Ability to communicate effectively (written and oral) in English or French, preferably with a working knowledge of the other.
9. Competence in the use of standard Microsoft Office Suite applications; knowledge of SAP is an added advantage.
Closing date: 06 September 2017