Established in 1964, the African Development Bank is the premier pan-African development institution, promoting economic growth and social progress across the continent. There are 80 member states, including 54 in Africa (Regional Member Countries). The Bank’s development agenda is delivering the financial and technical support for transformative projects that will significantly reduce poverty through inclusive and sustainable economic growth. In order to sharply focus the objectives of the Ten Year Strategy (2013 – 2022) and ensure greater developmental impact, five major areas (High 5s), all of which will accelerate our delivery for Africa, have been identified for scaling up, namely; energy, agro-business, industrialization, integration and improving the quality of life for the people of Africa.
As part of the Front office of the Vice President, Human Resources and Corporate Services, the Assistant Advisor position plays an advisory role to support the Vice President in ensuring an effective and efficient management of the Vice Presidency work. In this capacity the incumbent of the position will prepare analyses, briefs and provide advice in supporting the Vice President in the process of developing, implementing and safeguarding Bank group policies, directives and guidelines as pertains to Human Resources and Corporate services management. The job holder will provide quality control for the delivery of the Human Resources and Corporate Services Vice Presidency work.
Specifically, the position aims to strengthen the Vice-Presidency to improve its capacity to respond to institutional needs and deliver the corporate services in an effective and efficient manner.
Including desirable skills, knowledge and experience
1. Hold at least a Master’s or its equivalent in Human Resources Management, Organisational Development, Business Administration, Finance, Public Sector Management, Law, Social Sciences, Economics, or related discipline related to the responsibilities described above.
2. Have a minimum of seven (7) years of relevant and progressive experience, acquired preferably from a reputable organization in the areas related to the Human Resources and Corporate Servicescomplex operations and their management;
3. Experience should encompass management and support of the organizational transformation of the Human Resources and Corporate Servicescomplex; demonstrated skills on technical, organizational, management and logistical coordination, in support to the Bank’s operations, and handling of personnel and corporate issues especially in the unforeseen situation of a crisis and emergency.
4. Certification in Audit, investigations, Human Resources, Procurement and Finance.
5. Integrity, efficiency and discretion in handling of the Human Resources and Corporate Services complex dossiers, most of them being of sensitive and confidential nature.
6. Client and results oriented individual holding “a can do attitude”.
7. Effective consulting and advisory skills that enable clients and help them build their confidence and skills to deal with HR issues.
8. Having private sector experience will be an added advantage.
9. Ability to deal with sensitive issues in a multi-cultural environment and to build effective working relations with colleagues.
10. Ability to work independently with little supervision as well as part of a multicultural team.
11. Ability to communicate effectively (written and oral) in English or French, preferably with a working knowledge of the other language.
12. Proficient in the use of standard MS Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) Practical knowledge of SAP systems will be an advantage.
Closing date: 09 September 2017