As part of its Capacity-Building Program for African stakeholders in the water, sanitation and hygiene sector (AfriCap) funded by USAID West Africa, the African Water Association is awarding research scholarships to African Young Water and Sanitation Professionals.
Target beneficiaries are master students and engineers at the end of their training and PhD studies. Each scholarship, with a maximum value of USD1,000 (one thousand), will make it possible to carry out a research work sanctioned by a scientific report on a theme related to the WASH sector.
During the 2016-2017 academic year, AfWAAf awarded eighteen scholarships to students from eight (8) countries in West Africa. For the 2017-2018 academic year, twenty-two (22) scholarships shall be awarded.
Candidates for the scholarship program will formulate their research topics in relation to one of the themes proposed in this call for applications. They will also be able to apply to one of the research topics proposed by one of the members of AfWAAf. Topics will be available on AfWAAf website.
To apply, applicants must fulfill the following requirements:
- Be a citizen of a country in the USAID West Africa desk coverage area and identified on the map of Fig 1 below;
- be in good standing academically with respect to their institution;
- Submit a nomination file including :
- Student card or registration receipt for the current year
- Last completed degree
- Curriculum vitae,
- Three recommendation letters (one should be from the academic supervisor),
- Research proposal form to be downloaded from here. Click here
Closing date: 28 February 2018