Government of Lesotho is implementing Wool and Mohair Promotion Project (WAMPP) with financial support from International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD), OPEC Fund for International Development (OFID), the Lesotho Government and Lesotho National Wool and Mohair Growers Association (LNWMGA). The goal of the project is to boost economic and climate resilience of poor, smallholder wool and mohair producers to adverse effects of climate change in the mountain and foothill regions of Lesotho.
It consists of three components to be implemented over a period of seven years. Those components are:
Climate smart rangelands and management
Improved Merino Sheep and Angora Goats production and management and
Wool and Mohair processing and marketing.
The administrative officer shall serve as Personal Assistant to the Project Director and General Administrator of the Project.
– Maintain the Project Director’s Diary and prepare documentation needed for meetings and other offer events of the Project.
– Organize meetings and arrange appointments for the Project Director and staff
– Arrange travel, accommodation for Project Director and staff of the Project.
– Screening phone calls, enquiries and requests and handle them appropriate
– Ensures Project Director is well prepared for meetings.
– Work closely with Senior Management to provide administrative support.
– Plans and organize events of the project
– Reads, monitors and responds to Project mail and sometimes prepares correspondence on behalf of Project Director.
– Taking some of Project Director’s responsibilities and working closely with management.
– Devising and maintaining office systems including data management and filling.
Degree in Office administration or related field plus at least 3 years’ experience as personal assistant /executive secretary
Diploma in secretarial studies plus 7 years’ experience as Personal Assistant
Key attributes skills
Good interpersonal skills
Must be conversant with excel and power point
Interested Candidates should hand deliver application letter indicating at least names of three referees together with current CV, copies of certified educational certificates and transcripts to:
Director Human Resource
Ministry of Agriculture and Food Security
P.O. Box 24
The closing Date for applications is 16:00hrs, 7 April 2017.