The Christian Council of Lesotho is seeking for a highly skilled and energetic person for the position of an Accountant. Applications are invited from the persons who meet the qualifications and relevant experience outlined below.
To initiate and maintain sound and effective financial systems for CCL. To ensure that internal and external financial reporting requirements are met in accordance with CCL’s and partner’s procedures and standards. Facilitate business planning and budgeting and ensure efficient utilization of the organization’s assets.
Qualifications and experience
Academic and Technical Qualifications
B Com Accounting or General Account, with at least 3 – 5 years post qualification experience. A demonstrated effort to pursue professional accounting examination will be an added advantage.
- Hands on experience in Accounting for Donor funded projects.
- Proficient in computer software application – Pastel software and Microsoft Spreadsheet.
- Respect for professionalism and integrity
- To maintain a functional financial management system which will include records and account.
- To prepare the budget in consultation with the General Secretary, the Executive Committee, projects coordinators and the Finance Commission.
- Prepare financial statements in accordance with accounting standards and in accordance with the laws of the Kingdom of Lesotho.
- Ensure that all payments are made in accordance with the approved budget amounts and comply with CCL’s Financial Policy.
- Ensure that all payment vouchers are adequately supported with appropriate documentation duly authorized for payment and properly filed to facilitate easy retrieval and reference.
- Ensure that Bank accounts are maintained at adequate levels to enable scheduled payments to be made without delay, monitoring of investments and undertake timely cash flow projection.
- Prepare monthly reconciliation statements.
- Prepare monthly, half yearly and annual financial return, as well as any other financial status report required by the Executive Committee/Partners/Finance Commission.
- Ensure that half yearly and annual Audits are concluded timely, and that issues raised in the management letter take top priority.
- Ensure accurate recording of all CCL’s Fixed Asset and maintain fixed asset register and carry out timely updates.
- Ensure that all fixed assets are correctly identified and physical verification is carried out on a regular basis to ascertain existence and condition and that all fixed assets are adequately insured.
- Ensure that accounting policies guidelines and ethical business practices are adhered to at all times in the conduct of business.
- Perform any other task as may be assigned from time to time by the Management.
Supervision accountability and reporting
The Accountant is accountable and reports to the General Secretary.
Duration and condition of Employment
2 years renewable contract based on performance.
Applicants must submit the following:
- A letter of application including qualification and experience relevant to the position and why the applicant thinks s/he is the best candidate for the job.
- Curriculum vitae
- Certified copies of academic and technical qualifications
- 3 references – including one from the applicant’s local Church Minister, one from the current or last employer, one from a person who knows the applicant well (not a spouse or relative) including contact addresses for the referees, emails and telephones.
Application deadline: 16th March, 2017
All applications must be clearly written ‘Application for the Position of an Accountant. Applications can be delivered in sealed envelopes to the CCL Secretariat 160 Constitution Road, Opposite South African High Commission, Maseru West.