To provide a proactive Business Banking sales and service management function that will retain and grow a Commercial portfolio Tier 1 and Tier 2 customers by identifying and implementing value adding and specialised Business Banking financial solutions from a range of standard and/or customisedofferings in Commercial Banking
- Promote and sell a range of banking solutions that meet the financial needs of customer base through Relationship Management
- Contacts potential and existing customers to position the product or service offering
- Acquire and open new business accounts and cross sell additional products and services according to customer needs by identifying and referring sales leads to other business stakeholders including Vehicle & Asset, Finance, Electronic banking, Card, Home loans and others
- Achieves daily and weekly sales targets, by operating in an effective yet productive manner, through optimal usage of time
- Achieve sales and financial targets through proactive sales.
- Proactively create business opportunities by engaging and networking with relevant stakeholders.
- Collate and report on daily sales and activity results
- Ensure continuous effective Business/Personal Interplay exists between all business partners and relevant stakeholders.
- Manage complaints that may arise as a result of team members’ and Query Consultants interaction with clients and internal stakeholders.
- Implement sales campaigns, techniques and tactics in a planned manner to achieve sales targets
- Meeting yearly budgets set for the portfolio (balance sheet and income statement budgets)
- Number of cross sales provided to Commercial Banking, Private Banking, Personal Banking and Bancassurance.
- Growing the revenue of Commercial Tier 1 & 2 segment with set budget.
- Managing customer experience levels, based on on-boarding results, CEBS and NPS scoring for Commercial tier 1 and 2 customers across country.
- Number of new profitable Commercial segment customers on-boarded
- Effective weekly reporting on sales to have quality data for sales measures
- Effective use of Salesforce tool and CVCA’s on all Commercial customers.
- Conversion percentage for sales campaigns /cross selling. (DTF measurement)
- Profitability per product for Commercial Tier 1 & 2
- CVCA completion
- Achieve DTF target
- Provide simple and convenient information and query handling service offering of customers
- Contacts potential and existing customers from leads provided to position the product or service offering based on the DTF target and the set campaign
- Handle high volumes, high complexity sales requests and service requests
- Answer/handle customer inquiries and requests across all mediums accurately and within agreed service times.
- Exceed customer’s service needs
- Tracks and monitors queue management activities on the client’s requests
- Responsible to manage the Account Analyst
- Customer engagement (resolution and close) for bon CM1 & CM2
- Net Promoter Score (NPS)
- Achievement of 40 in 3 Campaign
Preferred Qualification and Experience
First degree in relevant field of study (Accounting, Finance, Credit etc.)
3-4 Years experience
Experience as a Business Manager or managing a portfolio in the medium to big business environment is preferable. This experience provides an understanding of how businesses operate, as well as understanding the business risks, industry risks and financial requirements pertaining to the Commercial market and/or; previous experience as an Account Analyst responsible for servicing business clients and preparing Credit applications. Proven successful sales track record in the financial services industry. Experience in management of a persona or teams or sales teams. Comprehensive credit/risk management experience
- People management
- Responsible for inspiring, motivating, leading and managing direct report (eg AA)
- Responsible for the recruitment, development and retention of relevant skills in order to meet the business needs.
- Ensures the effective selection of staff by matching the skills and competencies to the requirements of the job.
- Ensures skills assessments and competency-based training takes place as and when required.
- Builds organisational capabilities through evaluating likely future requirements and ensuring that individuals are provided with the best possible development opportunities in line with these.
- Creates an environment in which learning and development are emphasised and valued.
- Takes personal responsibility for coaching and mentoring others.
- Effectively delegates authority and responsibility, in line with business objectives, to ensure the empowerment, motivation and effectiveness of all direct and indirect reports.
- Promotes a culture where the values of the Bank are seen to be ‘alive’
- Ensures the implementation of the leadership promise and employee engagement programme.
- Encourages team members to express their views, resolves issues raised by the team, escalates issues if required, and provides feedback to teams on an ongoing basis.
- Develops and maintains an open communication channel with direct reports and supports staff to foster greater co-operation and teamwork.
- Monitors and manages the performance and development of the direct reports. This includes regular one-on-one feedback sessions, conducting mid-year and final performance appraisals, as well as the moderation and relative distribution of all appraisal
- Ensures that disciplinary action and grievances are addressed and aligned to the Standard Bank policies and procedures.
Closing date: 11 August 2017